#3301From:Vladimir Fyodorov
To:All
Date:13-04-2021 11:58:24
Subj:СОБ.ИНФ.: Blocker v2.3 - BBS Telnet Client

> На youtube выложен демо-анонс BBS Telnet Client'а Blocker v2.3.

Видео: *****://******.*****/PBEzEV-5oRA
Сам проект на гитхабе: *****://******.*****/xqtr/blocker_bbs_telnet_client

--- GoldED+/OSX 1.1.5-b20180707
* Origin: Esquire Station (2:6035/3.1)
SEEN-BY: 5020/715 1042 6035/3 6090/1
PATH: 6035/3 5020/715 1042 6090/1
#3302From:Vladimir Fyodorov
To:All
Date:13-04-2021 12:03:27
Subj:СОБ.ИНФ.: RasPi Synchronet BBS on I2P Setup

*****://******.*****/WN_n0ctYD9o

--- GoldED+/OSX 1.1.5-b20180707
* Origin: Esquire Station (2:6035/3.1)
SEEN-BY: 5020/715 1042 6035/3 6090/1
PATH: 6035/3 5020/715 1042 6090/1
#3303From:Vladimir Fyodorov
To:All
Date:14-04-2021 12:13:01
Subj:СОБ.ИНФ.: Giorgio Rutigliano об истории BBS и Фидо

*****://******.*****/QvWsuF3S9v0

--- GoldED+/OSX 1.1.5-b20180707
* Origin: Esquire Station (2:6035/3.1)
SEEN-BY: 5020/715 1042 6035/3 6090/1
PATH: 6035/3 5020/715 1042 6090/1
#3304From:Vladimir Fyodorov
To:All
Date:16-04-2021 13:34:19
Subj:RU.HUSKY: Обновился скрипт PINGPONG.PM

> В репозитории HUSKY обновлён скрипт PINGPONG.PM от Стаса Мищенкова,
> предназначенный для генерации ответов на письма с запросом PING'а. В этой
> версии реализована более адекватная реакция на попытку отправить ответ
> через непарольного линка.

* Area : RU.HUSKY
* From : husky inspector, 2:5020/1042.3 (13 Апреля 2021 01:00)
* Subj : Changes in husky sources
Legend: (A) Added, (C) Copied, (D) Deleted, (M) Modified, (R) Renamed,
(T) Type changed, (U) Unmerged, (X) Unknown, (B) Pairing Broken
===========================
hpt:
Update pingpong.pm
Author: BroRabbit <37867123+BroRabbit@users.noreply.github.com>
Date: 2021-04-12 16:46:33 +0300
Committed by: GitHub <noreply@github.com>
Files:
M misc/pingpong.pm

--- GoldED+/OSX 1.1.5-b20180707
* Origin: Esquire Station (2:6035/3.1)
SEEN-BY: 5020/715 1042 6035/3 6090/1
PATH: 6035/3 5020/715 1042 6090/1
#3305From:Vladimir Fyodorov
To:All
Date:19-04-2021 08:40:19
Subj:R50.COORD: Новый узел в нетмейл-полносвязке - 2:5030/731

> В региональную нетмейл-полносвязку введён узел 2:5030/731 - Алексей
> Антонюк, Санкт-Петербург.

* Area : R50.COORD
* From : R50C, 2:5020/5452 (19 Апреля 2021 01:55)
* Subj : *** новый узел в нетмейл-полносвязке
Приветствую Вас, All!

В региональную нетмейл-полносвязку вводится узел 2:5030/731. Все необходимые линки установлены, изменения в r50.tru внесены. Прошу любить и жаловать.

Алексей Баринов

--- GoldED+/OSX 1.1.5-b20180707
* Origin: Esquire Station (2:6035/3.1)
SEEN-BY: 5020/715 1042 6035/3 6090/1
PATH: 6035/3 5020/715 1042 6090/1
#3306From:Vladimir Fyodorov
To:All
Date:19-04-2021 08:53:27
Subj:FTSC_PUBLIC: FTS-xxxx.001 PING and TRACE flags

> Michiel van der Vlist опубликовал пропозал технического стандарта
> Фидонета, описывающего флаги PING и TRACE.

* Area : FTSC_PUBLIC
* From : Michiel van der Vlist, 2:280/5555 (17 Апреля 2021 21:54)
* Subj : FTS-xxxx.001 PING and TRACE flags
Hello All,

2nd attempt.

=== begin ===

FTSC FIDONET TECHNICAL STANDARDS COMMITTEE

Publication: FSP-xxxx
Revision: 1
Title: The PING and TRACE flags
Author(s): Michiel van der Vlist
Issue Date: 17 April 2021

This document is a Fidonet Standards Proposal (FSP) - it specifies
the best current practices for the Fidonet community, and requests
discussion and suggestions for improvements. It is released to the
public domain, and may be used, copied or modified for any purpose
whatever.

Contents:
0. Definitions
1. Introduction.
2. The problem.
3. The solution.
4. Considerations
A. References
B. History
C. Contact data

0. Definitions
--------------

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL
NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL"
in this document are to be interpreted as described in [FTA-1006].

1. Introduction
---------------

The PING functionality as introduced by Ward Dossche just over two
decades ago and advertised by the PING flag is a very useful tool
in tracing and solving routing problems. This proposal is an update
of the original specs and introduces the TRACE flag.

2. The problem
--------------

In the original specification as documented by Ward Dossche in the
April 2001 Z2 nodelist trailer and the specification last documented
in FTS-5001.006, the PING functionality contains two parts. PING and
TRACE. According to that specification systems flying the PING flag
should support both PING and TRACE functionality.

Recent surveys by the author however have shown that not all systems
flying the PING flag also support the TRACE functionality. One could
argue that current practise is that TRACE functionality is optional.

Considering that the PING function alone is a very useful tool all
by itself for both routing systems and leaf systems and that TRACE
is only useful for routing systems, one may conclude that the above
current practise works well, but that it is not complient with the
original and current specs.

3. The Solution
---------------

Split up the PING and TRACE functionality.

PING
----

Specified as exactly "PING" with no arguments. Nodes flying this
flag will adhere to the following functionality:

If a message destined to user "PING" (case insensitive) arrives
at its final destination and this final destination flies the
PING flag, then the receiving node will bounce the message back
to the original sender clearly quoting all the original via
lines.

If a message destined to "PING" arrives at its final destination
but this final destination does _not_ fly the PING flag then the
message may be deleted from the system without further action.

TRACE
-----

Specified as exactly "TRACE" with no arguments. Nodes flying this
flag will adhere to the following functionality:

If a message destined to user "PING" (case insensitive) arrives
at a node which flies the TRACE flag but is merely passing
through to another destination then the in-transit node will
notify the sender of this occurrence, clearly quoting the via
lines, and forward the original mail unaltered towards its final
destination.

For both PING and TRACE responses, the sender's name must never
be "PING" and the responses should never be addressed to "PING".

4. Considerations
-----------------

Making the TRACE function optional by seperating the flags, is an
encouragement for developers and script writers to join the project.
They can choose to only implement the PING functionality and leave
TRACE functionality for later or ommit it completely without
violating the specs. This will hopefully make more sysops join
the PING club.

Splitting up the PING and TRACE functionality by introducing the
TRACE flag is backward compatible. Systems flying the PING flag
that do not support TRACE need do nothing, They are complient
with the new specs. Systems flying the PING flag that support
both PING and TRACE functionality may add the TRACE flag to their
listing. But if they do not, no harm is done, they are still
complient with the new specs, it just does not advertise all
functionality.

A. References
-------------

[FTS-5] "The distribution nodelist", Ben Baker, Rick Moore.
February 1989. Obsoleted by FTS-5000.

FTS-5000] "The distribution nodelist".
FTSC Members, Administrator and Honoured Guests
Januari 2014.

[FTS-5001] "Nodelist flags and userflags".
FTSC Members, Administrator and Honoured Guests
Augustus 2017.

A PING robot survey. Michiel van der Vlist
Fidonews 38:07, 15 Februari 2021.

Ping robot survey, a follow up. Michiel van der Vlist
Fidonews 38:15, 12 April 2021.

B. History
----------

Rev,1, 2021-04-17: Initial release.

C. Contact Data
---------------

Michiel van der Vlist
Fidonet: 2:280/5555
E-mail: pa0mmv at vrza dot org

=== end ===

Cheers, Michiel

-+- GoldED+/W32-MSVC 1.1.5-b20170303
+ Origin: ****://******.*****.org (2:280/5555)

Разнообразно приветствую тебя, All!

Всяческих благ. Искренне Ваш, Vladimir Fyodorov, эсквайр.
... Синбай на хабах pежете, а это бандитизм!
--- GoldED+/OSX 1.1.5-b20180707
* Origin: Esquire Station (2:6035/3.1)
SEEN-BY: 5020/715 1042 6035/3 6090/1
PATH: 6035/3 5020/715 1042 6090/1
#3307From:Vladimir Fyodorov
To:All
Date:19-04-2021 10:20:10
Subj:Re: RU.HUSKY: Ещё раз обновился скрипт PINGPONG.PM

16 Апреля 2021, Vladimir Fyodorov писАл к All следующее:

>> В репозитории HUSKY обновлён скрипт PINGPONG.PM от Стаса Мищенкова,
>> предназначенный для генерации ответов на письма с запросом PING'а. В
>> этой версии реализована более адекватная реакция на попытку
>> отправить ответ через непарольного линка.
===

> Снова обновлён скрипт PINGPONG.PM от Стаса Мищенкова, предназначенный для
> генерации ответов на письма с запросом PING'а. На этот раз добавлена
> возможность выводить список только доверенных парольных линков и
> устанавливать атрибуты сообщения ответа робота.

* Area : RU.HUSKY
Author: BroRabbit <37867123+BroRabbit@users.noreply.github.com>
Date: 2021-04-18 23:24:16 +0300
Committed by: GitHub <noreply@github.com>
Files:
M misc/pingpong.pm
===========================
hpt:
set origin to an empty string when it is not defined
Author: Michael Dukelsky <dukelsky@users.noreply.github.com>
Date: 2021-04-18 23:04:49 +0300
Committed by: Michael Dukelsky <dukelsky@users.noreply.github.com>
Files:
M cvsdate.h
M hpt.spec
M src/hpt.c
===========================
hpt:
fix some warnings by VS 2019
Author: Michael Dukelsky <dukelsky@users.noreply.github.com>
Date: 2021-04-18 23:03:08 +0300
Committed by: Michael Dukelsky <dukelsky@users.noreply.github.com>
Files:
M src/perl.c
===========================
hpt:
closelog() does not need arguments
Author: Michael Dukelsky <dukelsky@users.noreply.github.com>
Date: 2021-04-18 22:58:47 +0300
Author: BroRabbit <37867123+BroRabbit@users.noreply.github.com>
Date: 2021-04-18 13:24:39 +0300
Committed by: GitHub <noreply@github.com>
Files:
M misc/pingpong.pm
-+- hpt/lnx 1.9.0
+ Origin: Moscow, Russia (2:5020/1042.3)

--- GoldED+/OSX 1.1.5-b20180707
* Origin: Esquire Station (2:6035/3.1)
SEEN-BY: 5020/715 1042 6035/3 6090/1
PATH: 6035/3 5020/715 1042 6090/1